Welcome to the website of ME 274 for the Fall 2008 semester. On this site you can view blog posts, add your own blog posts and add comments to existing posts. In addition to the blog are links to course material: course information, information on solution videos, exams, quizzes, homeworks and other course-related material. Direct links to the homework solution videos are also available on the left side of this page.


The following is a reverse chronological order listing of the posts for the course blog. To add a post, click here (when adding posts, be sure to add a "label" in the box at the lower right side of the post window). To add a comment to an existing post, click on the "Comments" link below the post.


____________________________________________________

Dec 14, 2008

Problems with Homework Solution Videos

I already mentioned to Professor Krousgrill that the six homework solution videos listed on the homework page (7/10, 7/15, 7/19, 7/21, 7/24, 7/27) are not working, because there is no link to any one of them. However, I also noticed problems with four other homework videos. They are as follows:

- 5/197: No video available in the first place (not even listed)
- 3/189: Also no video available
- 6/109: Video isn't downloadable
- 8/67: Video "not found" (URL not found on this server)

Has anyone else had problems with these? I noticed, also, that there was only an animation for problem 2/220 and not a video, but this doesn't look way too difficult to solve, so I figured that no video was put there on purpose. Just thought I'd ask, I hope that at least the others besides 6/109 get taken care of soon, I can watch 6/109 online if need be, I really want to check all my answers and my work and make sure I have everything correct!

2 comments:

CMK said...

* Problems from Chapter 7 are not included on the final exam since these cover 3D kinematics.

* The topic of 5/197 is 2D moving reference frame kinematics. This topic is also not covered on the final exam. We did work this problem in lecture.

* I just checked the syllabus for the course -- I do not see that Problem 3/189 was assigned as either a video solution problem or as a homework problem. Did I miss seeing this? In any case, I just posted a solution to this problem that you can link to from the Homework page.

* A solution was provided for Problem 2/220 along with a discussion of the problem. This appears immediately above the animation.

* The link to Problem 6/109 appears to work. Please view the video online.

* I missed doing a video for Problem 8/67. However, I just put up a link to a written solution for this problem on the Homework page.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Professor. Actually, I think you switched one of the homework problems from lecture 22 (3/222?) to 3/189. Either way, you're right about 6/109, I'll just watch it online. Like with all the homework problems, even if I didn't get the ones I listed completely done, I prefer to work through them first, then watch the videos to check my work and answers, even if they are odd-numbered and have answers in the book. Thanks again, I'll finish these problems up over the break, since at this point I'm not going to get them done before the test.